Purpose of Job:
Oversee entire store operations including financial performance, product inventory, personnel, sales and marketing. Ensure store is operating within established operational guidelines.
- Understand and support store operations, policies and procedures.
- Manage sales and expenses to optimize results.
- Prepare and/or oversee preparation of necessary reports and paperwork.
- Maintain staffing levels consistent with business needs to ensure excellent customer service (includes assisting with recruiting, hiring and training employees)
- Ensure adequate shift coverage which may require the Manager to cover store shifts in the event there are no other employees available to work.
- Ensure that all weekly time and attendance records are transmitted to office.
- Maintain effective, professional relationships with subordinates, and venders.
- Communicate with upper management and store employees to ensure proper flow of information.
- Enforce company and governmental regulations with regard to age restricted sales.
- Manage and assign tasks appropriately to ensure the store is clean, adequately stocked, organized, well-kept and priced correctly.
- Resolve customer complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Analyze daily sales and expense information and perform all other financial analysis to maximize sales and net profit.
- Safe guard and account for all money received and disbursed and be responsible for all banking requirements.
Mange the store operation through the development and growth of staff, sales and profitability to meet goals established in location’s business plan. Ensures the store is in accordance with established company standards, policies and procedures. Maintain a positive working relationship with entire staff to foster and promote a cooperative and pleasant working climate, which will be conductive to maximize employee morale, productivity and efficiency.
Three to five years of retail management experience required. High School diploma of equivalent required. Proven track record in management of COGS and labor. Qualified candidates must have excellent customer service and employee relation skills. Must be detail oriented with the capability to oversee all aspects of the business and multiple areas simultaneously in a fast paced environment. Must be able to perform under pressure in a high volume location including moving and responding quickly for long periods of time. Interact with the public and co-workers constantly during shifts. Must be able to work in and out of different temperature ranges. Capability to stand for long periods of time. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Must have excellent customer service skills, exhibit good manners, proper personal hygiene, positive attitude, and promptness.