Purpose of Job:
Assist the Store Manager in executing all aspects of the store operations. May be assigned specific areas to manage within the store in accordance with the overall business plan.
- Understand and support store operations, policies and procedures.
- Performs and trains all duties of the Sales Associate.
- Prepares and transmits the daily bookkeeping, invoices and gasoline data as required.
- Ability to complete daily banking.
- Troubleshoots daily close out and shift analysis.
- Provides prompt, courteous customer service and professionally resolves customer issues.
- Assumes Store Manager responsibilities when needed.
- Assist the Store Manager with shift coverage in the event there are no other employees available to work.
- Ensure that all weekly time and attendance records are transmitted to office.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Store Manager.
Assist in managing the operation of the store through the development, growth of staff, sales and profitability in accordance with established company standards, policies and procedures. Assist in the success of the store by ensuring guest satisfaction through adhering to company standards for quality, value, service and cleanliness. Maintain a positive working relationship with all store employees to foster and promote a cooperative and pleasant working climate, which will be conductive to maximize employee morale, productivity and efficiency. Communicate all significant issues, both positive and negative, with Store Manager.
One to three years of experience in a high volume retail store. High School diploma or equivalent required. Qualified candidates must have excellent customer service and employee relation skills. Must be detail oriented with the capability to oversee store operations and multiple areas simultaneously in a fast paced environment. Must be able to perform under pressure including moving and responding quickly for long periods of time. Interact with public and co-workers constantly during shifts. Capability to stand for long periods of time and ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Must have excellent customer service skills, exhibit good manners, proper personal hygiene, positive attitude, and promptness.