Energetic, outgoing self-motivated individual who works under the direction of the store manager and assistant manager to perform cashiering, cleaning, stocking and inventory duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greeting customers while offering customer service attention.
- Performs front-end cashier duties including operation of cash register/POS and gas management systems and all other machines and equipment.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards or other charge accounts.
- Issue receipts and change due to customers
- Performs general cleaning of store, interior and exterior.
- Check-in freight, stocks shelves and cooler.
- Completes necessary paperwork to perform opening and closing duties.
- Maintains cigarette and lottery count.
- Prepares items for deli as necessary if applicable.
- Assist customers with locating products in the store.
- Comply with all policies, quality standards, procedures and expectations of the company.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Functions to the Job:
- Stands and walks several hours a day without breaks on a title or concrete surface while completing job duties.
- Lifts and carries stock weighing up to fifty (50) pounds while stocking shelves or cooler.
- Pulls and pushes up to fifty (50) pounds to move stock.
- Bends and stoops to stock low shelves in store, cooler and to clean.
- Performs twisting/rotating motions using head/neck, waist, knees, and arms.
- Frequently reaches in order to stock and clean store.
- Handles case goods, cooler merchandise, cleaning material, equipment and money.
- Must be capable of communicating with customers, managers and co-workers.
- Must be able to work in and out of different temperature ranges.
- Work with minimal direction and periodic supervision.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred. Experience in retail sales and cash handling a plus.